Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Butter churn and a great gift

I've had this butter churn for awhile (was bought at a thrift store for a few dollars ) and decided it needed a make-over. I was thinking about painting it black but then I seen one on-line somewhere that someone redid in mustard yellow and it looked really good, so I thought I would try that. I love the way it came out.
I did paint it black underneath the yellow and then sanded it down some so it would come through. Not it just needs a pip berry ring on top and it will be complete.
This is my "Pay it Forward" gift from Marie. It's a handmade dish cloth, isn't it cute. I've been wanting to try these for awhile and was going to make some for myself, but never got around to it, plus I can only crochet squares and they are boring..lol. Now I have one to try although it's so pretty that I don't know if I want to use it..lol. Thank you Marie for the wonderful gift, hope you enjoy the one you receive as well.

9 comments:

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Love how the churn turned out! And what a sweet little dishrag!
Marie is a sweetheart!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I really like how that turned out, what a difference!
I love those handmade dishcloths, I found one at the GW hanging among the linens and I was thrilled because I always wanted to try one but didn't want to use the ones my BF made me for a gift. I really like using them.
Rondell

CozyGirl said...

That butter churn turned out great! Love the mustard with black showing through !

Tammy said...

Debbi, Love the butter churn. I have wanted one for so long. Maybe I will come across one one day.

Barb said...

Wow! Your churn came out fantastic!! Great job, Debbi. I saw one at the Goodwill, but they wanted $57!!!! You're so lucky to have one, and so cute too:)

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Wow! I love the churn makeover! That's great! Do you mind me asking what color paint and brand your mustard paint was? That's a great shade! I'd love to have some around here for projects! I can just picture it with your pip berries too! What a great find on the churn! Lucky you!

And that's a cute dishtowel from Marie!

Have a great Tuesday!
Tammy

Sandy said...

Oh I love your churn!!!
I wish I could be so lucky to find things like this around here.

Sandy

Debbi said...

Wow Barb, $57!!! That's crazy!!

Tammy, the paint I use is Folk Art #917 Yellow Ochre from Wal-Mart in the craft section. It's just the little 2oz bottles. I love the color.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

What a great butter churn...love the colors!