Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fireplace

This is my best yard sale find yet. The guy had this last year for $50.00 and I passed on it and I was kicking myself all year because of it. Well he never sold it and had it out at the yard sale again this past weekend for $30.00. I went home and got dh to see if we could get it home; (only have a little car) and we got it home. It needs some TLC and a new paint job but I love it. I can't wait to get it done so I can decorate it. It is not brown like the photo is showing, it is actually barn red.
So ladies, how should I paint it? Should I redo it red, or change to another color? Maybe white on the outside and red on the inside part? Ideas needed please.

7 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Since it is already painted a barn red I would just distress it where there is worn parts then stain with gel stain, it would save you work plus you can always paint it when you want a change. If you do decide to paint I would go with barnred or black.
Have a good day, what a find!

*Rondell*

Barb said...

Are you not the luckiest girl in the world?!!!! I can't believe you got it for $30. I'd love to have a mantle, but there's no room in my small house. I would leave it and do what Rondell said. But, if it were in my house (which I wish), I'd paint it my trenchcoat khaki color:)

Lindy said...

You are a lucky one!

I'll not give my opinion because I never know what color to paint things! But it is beautiful!

Debbi said...

Thank you ladies, I am so excited that I got it and for a great price. Thank you for the suggestions, sounds good, less work..lol.

Now if we would just get our remodeling project over with so I can get my house back together, I can bring it in and put it were I want.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hi Debbie,
Thanks for stopping by, have you started on your great fireplace yet?

*Rondell*

Debbi said...

No, we are currently in the middle of a home improvement project, so we re waiting until that is done before we start any more projects. I can't wait to get started on it.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh that is too kewl! I agree, just go over it with some stain!I have been looking for something like that! Can't wait to see what you do with it!