Sunday, August 16, 2009

New Treasures Part 1

Went to a Antique mall the other day and picked up a few treasures. Hoping to go back in a few weeks as they actually had some crocks for decent prices. I couldn't carry anything else or I would have gotten some more..lol.. The grater was only $1.00 and very old & rusty, other booths had them for $4.00 and up so this was a good deal.

This candle holder was only $1.50, very heavy treenware. Not sure if I will paint it or leave it this color yet.
Old rolling pin with green handles..$4.00 and very heavy. I replaced mine with this one in the crock in earlier post. Looks much better as it looks old compared to mine..lol
My find of the day! This crock is in perfect condition. I know it's not old but I love it. It was 20% off so I only paid $11.20. It sorta of matches my Pfaltzgraff dishes so I put in the china cabinet with it...looks really good in there. Have a few more items that I picked up, but they need to be made-over so will show you when they are done.

14 comments:

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Love your findings. Specially the crock.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love your crock too!
Rondell♥

Wanda/Ridge Farm Nesting Place said...

Your treasures are great! Love the crock!

Sandy said...

You got yourself some really awesome treasures :) I love the blue and design of the crock.

~Judy~ said...

What a beautiful crock. You got great deals on the other treasures.

Judy

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I am so envious. You got some gr8 items at gr8 prices! I love-love-love that rolling pin and the thing you call a candle holder. What are tha dimensions of that piece? I'm pretty sure I would paint it......

Wendi said...

Great finds! I am on the look out for a crock. so far the ones I have seen are out of my budget. I laughed when I saw the grater. My mom has one exactly like that. It is excellent condition and being used on a regular basis. She'll get a chuckle when I tell her it is an antique!

Have a great day!

Farm Field Primitives said...

Great finds. I love the candle holder. Good luck getting more crocks. I don't think one can ever have enough!!
~Melissa~

Lisa said...

WOW - What wonderful finds!! I love the rolling pin and the grater.

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Nice finds! That crock is really nice and I love the rolling pin.

I recently sold all of my old graters, even my round ones. My grandaughter was insistant on playing with them every time was back was turned. I was afraid of her getting hurt on them. I had them put up high, but she would still climb up and try to get them.

Because they were so old and some of them had a good bit of rust, I just gave up. I didn't want her to get tetanus from them!

Those are the only things she has ever done this way. I don't know what the fascination was, but I feel betetr that she can't hurt herself on them now.

At Home With Amy said...

Great finds. You didn't do too bad for yourself.
Hugs,
AMY

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Wow... great finds! Love the crock! You must collect Yorktown???

A Bit of Colour said...

Great finds!

Never So Simple said...

I love your crock!

Donna